The licence-free “Balkan Offroad” Rally 2012 is the biggest rally in the Balkan Region and will be held from September 7th until 14th. The Rally will cross the four countries Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Greece – 2.000 kms overall. The start will be in Tirana, the capital of Albania, the finish will be in Igumenitsa in Greece.
The starting fees are low, the travel to Albania and back can be organized via Ferry from Italy. The program of the rally will be published soon – “You can expect interesting and attractive routes and a race full of emotions and fun” the organizer Todor Hristov said.
In 2010 the rally was held in Bulgaria and Greece and the landscape was incredible: Untouched forests and valleys, muddy areas, gravel, fast stony WRC tracks and tough offroad pists.
The rally is open for Motobikes, Quads, Buggies, Side-By-Side, UTV, Cars and Trucks, a licence and FIA / FIM regulation is not requested – so participants can also start with Amateur vehicles.
As a result of collaboration and partnership between the organizers of the INTERCONTINENTAL RALLYand “Balkan Offroad”, the awards for the winners in the “Balkan Offroad 2012” are very great: The winners in the overall standings in the category Cars, Motos and ATV/Quad get free entry in the Intercontinental Rally 2013.
Touring Class: 200 Euros per person
Assistance: 100 Euros / person and 100 Euros / car
This fees is for payment of registration from 01.01.2012 to 01.07.2012. After this date the fees are 30% more.
Special discounts for participants
1. Participants for the last 3 years 50%
2. Participants in “Evia Rally 2012” 30 %
3. Participants in “Evia Rally 2012” & “Rally Albania 2012” 40 %
4. Teams with more than 5 participants 30%
5. Women class – 200 euro (only administrative fee)
NB: Participants can use only one discount !
The fees are including
– administrative fee
– breakfast & dry package lunch for the race days
– cocktail in opening & price giving ceremony
– fuel for MOTO, QUAD & BUGGY in special stages, when the refueling is impossible
– all papers, permissions and race numbers
– road book
– Balkan Marathon T-shirts & cap
– assistance road book and GPS assistance track
– sporting charges
– accommodation on bivouac with facilities
– bivouac team space
– damaged vehicle recovery (to the nearest bivouac)
– on track and bivouac medical assistance with 4×4 ambulance
– civil liability motor insurance valid for race days
– tracking system