Saudi Arabian Yazeed Al Rajhi and Portugal’s Filipe Palmeiro dominated the rally with their MINI ALL4 Racing
Superior performance of the X-raid pairing.
In the Hail Rally that ended today, Saudi Arabia’s Yazeed Al Rajhi and his Portuguese navigator Filipe Palmeiro delivered in truly superior style. At the end of the day, the pairing won all the three legs, with their MINI ALL4 Racing. For Al Rajhi, it was the third Hail Rally triumph.
Al Rajhi won the ‘Superspeziale’ on Wednesday and also proved to be invincible in the first special stage on Thursday. So, he started into today’s second and final special stage with a 15-minute lead over the rest of the field – to increase this lead by another nine minutes.
Overall result Hail Rally 2012:
1. Yazeed Al-Rajhi (KSA)/Filipe Palmeiro (POR) Mini All4 Racing 5h 35m 28.0s
2. Thierry Magnaldi (FRA)/Lucas Cruz Senra (ESP) Toyota FJ Cruiser Proto 6h 00m 18.8s
3. Mtair Al-Shammeri (KSA)/Abdullah Al-Shammeri (KSA) Toyota 6h 21m 17.8s
4. Safah Al-Saeedi (KSA)/Mishaal Al-Saeedi (KSA) Nissan 6h 36m 29.2s
5. Abdullah Saeed Bin Hamdan (UAE)/Ali Hassan (UAE) Nissan Patrol 6h 41m 19.9s
6. Ahmed Al-Shaqawi (KSA)/Nooh Buhumaid (UAE) Nissan 6h 44m 37.5s
7. Rajih Al-Shammeri (KSA)/Mubarak Al-Shammeri (KSA) Nissan 6h 48m 12.0s
8. Yayha Al-Helai (UAE)/Khaled Al-Kendi (UAE) Nissan Patrol 6h 59m 40.8s
9. Khalaf Saleh Al-Shammeri (KSA)/Ahmed Said Al-Shammeri (KSA) Mitsubishi 7h 20m 51.1s
10. Farhan Abdullah Al-Shammeri (KSA)/Saleh Al-Shammeri (KSA) Toyota 7h 21m 52.5s